W. Kent Durham, Of Counsel
For nine years, Mr. Durham has advised business and individuals with business interests in connection with a wide variety of transactions ranging from entity formations, private securities offerings, mergers, acquisitions, conversions, senior and mezzanine credit facilities and commercial real estate sales and leasing. After being admitted to the State Bar of Texas in November 2001, he then joined Kelly, Hart & Hallman LLP's Fort Worth office as a member of the firm's Corporate and Securities Section. In January 2004, he joined the in-house legal team of IESI Corporation, where he negotiated and documented the company's acquisitions for its U.S. operations as well as assisted the general counsel's office with a broad array of legal issues. In January 2008, he became a founding member of Durham & Galindo, PLLC, a law firm focusing on business and transactional matters. In July 2009, he became Of Counsel to Rogers Dupont PLLC.
- Represented a subsidiary of Waste Pro USA, Inc. in connection with its purchase of Delta Sanitation, LLC and affiliated entities, which collectively own two construction and demolition debris landfills and a waste collection company in southern Mississippi.
- Represented a private equity firm in connection with its due diligence evaluation relating to potential portfolio investments in privately held companies.
- Represented Environmental Services Management, L.L.C. in connection with its acquisition of the membership interests of Slidell Landfill, L.L.C., which owns a construction and demolition debris landfill near New Orleans, Louisiana.
- Represented VWS Holdco, Inc. in connection with its purchase of the stock of Shoosmith Bros., Inc. and Virginia Waste Services, Inc. and the related senior and mezzanine debt and private equity financings.
- Represented IESI Corporation as its lead counsel in connection with its purchase of the stock of Winters Bros. Waste Services, Inc., the leading non-hazardous waste collection company on Long Island.
United States District Courts for the Northern and Western Districts of Texas
Texas Tech University, B.S. - Agricultural and Applied Economics (summa cum laude) - 1998
Texas Tech University School of Law, J.D. (summa cum laude) - 2001
SELECTED VOLUNTEER & PROFESSIONAL ACTIVITIES
Fellow, Texas Bar Foundation; 2010 - present
Fellow, Tarrant County Bar Foundation; 2010 - present
Chairman, Corporate Counsel Section, Tarrant County Bar Association; 2009 - present
Board of Directors, Shoosmith Bros., Inc. and Virginia Waste Services, Inc.; 2008 - present
Board of Directors, Azle Area Chamber of Commerce, Inc.; 2010 - present
Chairman, Azle Area Chamber of Commerce Economic Development Council; 2010 - present
Board of Directors, Community Water Supply Corporation; 2010 - present
National President, Student Section - American Agricultural Economics Association; 1993-1994
OTHER NOTED ACHIEVEMENTS
2008 Montie Montana Showmanship Award for Trick Roping - National Cowboy Symposium
2005 Trick Roper of the Year - Wild West Arts Club